Find us on
ISTS Information Pamphlet
Institute for Security, Technology, and Society
6211 Sudikoff Laboratory
Hanover, NH 03755 USA
ISTS-Neukom Institute Internship Grant Program
The Institute for Security, Technology, and Society (ISTS) and the Neukom Institute offer leave-term funding each term to support an undergraduate, or graduate student, pursuing work experience at the nexus of our institutes’ missions. Our funding is for internships at non-profit organizations. We do not consider applications for funding at for-profit companies or for university research. Due dates for applications are:
- Summer 2016 Internships: Wednesday, April 27, 2016
- Fall 2016 Internships: Wednesday, July 20, 2016
- Winter 2017 Internships: Wednesday, October 12, 2016
For more information, as well as application instructions and deadlines, click here.
Present and past internship grant recipients
Recent News on Opportunities in Information Security
- Cybersecurity has a talent shortage, UPI.com, March 10, 2015
- Cybersecurity talent shortage matter of economic and national security, BizTimes.com, January 23, 2015
- Report finds D.C. area a hotbed for cybersecurity jobs, WashingtonPost.com, March 8, 2014
- You Call This an Army? The Terrifying Shortage of U.S. Cyberwarriors, Nextgov.com, February 25, 2013
- Pentagon to boost cybersecurity force, WashingtonPost.com, January 27, 2013
- Federal agencies, private firms fiercely compete in hiring cyber experts, WashingtonPost.com, November 13, 2012
- As Demand Rises for Cybersecurity Professionals, So Does Their Pay, WashingtonPost.com, September 30, 2012
- States Struggle to Find IT Security Personnel, GovInfoSecurity.com. January 27, 2011.
- Who's Inside the New U.S. Cyber Command? IEEE Spectrum. November 8, 2010.
- Hiring Hackers, GovernmentExecutive.com. November 1, 2010.
- Wanted: 'Cyber Ninjas', The New York Times. December 29, 2009.
- As attacks increase, U.S. struggles to recruit computer security experts, The Washington Post. December 23, 2009.