Find us on
ISTS Information Pamphlet
Institute for Security, Technology, and Society
6211 Sudikoff Laboratory
Hanover, NH 03755 USA
Applying to SISMAT
Application deadline: March 1, 2016.
We are seeking exceptionally motivated community college students with an interest in systems security and the real-world application of cryptology.
More specifically, a qualified student applicant:
- Has completed the core systems curriculum at their institution, which will likely entail at least two programming classes, a discrete math class, and one or more "systems" courses (e.g., advanced programming, programming in the large, operating systems, databases, or networking). Equivalent technical experience will be considered in lieu of formal coursework.
- Can commit to attending the two-week training course June 21-July 1, 2016. Due to the intense, "boot camp" nature of the course, students are expected to live in residence at Dartmouth College and give the course their full attention for the duration of the program. Class will be held part of the day on the interim Saturday and Sunday will be a free day.
To apply for the SISMAT 2016 program, candidates should submit the following information by March 1st. Please submit the application form online and the rest via a single email to ISTS. There may be a short interview via Skype or teleconference. There are three parts to the application process that are the responsibility of the student.
- Complete the application form. Be sure to include the reference contact information for a technology faculty member in the appropriate field.
- Email: A copy of your transcript. You do not need to submit official transcripts.
- Email: A cover letter explaining in 2-3 paragraphs why you are interested in computer security.
Please do NOT submit a hard copy of this information.
We ask applicants to submit letters and other attached materials in .pdf format. However, other formats (such as .rtf or .doc) are acceptable.